Parents will begin to notice their first graders reading, creating stories, adding, subtracting and developing problem-solving skills. They are learning that they are unique and special. They also learn that God, our loving Father, gives us many gifts – the most important gift being Jesus. Prayer is an important aspect of life and each day begins and ends with a prayer.
- Community building programs such as Steps to Respect teach anger management and conflict resolution in a kid-friendly fashion.
- Memorize basic Catholic prayers.
- Select strategy for math problem solving.
- Apply phonics skills to decode unknown words.
- Read with fluency and expression.
- Celebrate and learn about Catholic holidays and saints
- Form letters correctly and write legibly.
Classroom Community Service Projects
- MDA Candy Sales.
- Decorating bags for Catholic Charities.
- St. Peter’s Baby Shower.
- Epiphany Play.
- All Saints’ Day.
- Butterfly Party.