Sixth graders at All Saints Catholic School focus on developing higher level thinking skills, more mature writing skills and better study habits. These skills help students make the transition from memorizing information to using it to analyze, evaluate, draw conclusions and develop their problem solving abilities. As with fifth grade, students are assigned a homeroom and rotate for various classes.
- Old Testament and Christ as the fulfillment of God’s promises.
- The Peaceable School curriculum is used to teach conflict resolution skills.
- Biomes, human anatomy, basic physics and chemistry.
- Map making.
- Six traits of writing, grammar, and practicing various forms of writing.
- Reading novels with a focus on setting, plot, characterization, vocabulary and point of view.
- Mobile computer lab.
- Fractions, Decimals.
Classroom Community Service Projects
- Raking leaves for seniors as part of Catholic Charities Chore Service program
- Our Lady of Fatima’s senior brunch
- Sixth grade musical.
- Life-size models of the human body.
- Persuasive Speech.